The 1 best supplement for your knees is glucosamine and MSM for your soft tissue. Here is a video that was taken back in my home country, England. I have been running since being a teenager and I have lifted a lot of weight over the past 35 years. You can find the product I am talking about here
GREAT SUPPLEMENTS FOR A BETTER WORKOUT
6 fabulous supplements to boost your workout. Working out is fun but also hard work. Don’t waste all your gains by not supplementing correctly There are so many products out there let’s get down to the basics.
Back when I started training there was desiccated liver pills and egg white powder. Our pre-workout was a double shot of espresso. Over 3 decades later and oh how things have changed. The array of supplements is overwhelming and quite confusing. So before you go out and waste a lot of money on products you dont need lets outline a basic supplement routine for someone who is trying to gain lean muscle. My favorite brand for most of these products is www.Dorianyatesnutrition.com use the code DYN047 for 30% off anything on the site. Otherwise, go to wwwbodybuilding.com and see the highest rated products on there.
Here’s a fun comparison photo to illustrate just how long I have been lifting weights. Top photo was right before the Miss Olympia in 95 the bottom photo 21 years later taken in Golds Gym Venice Ca
0.5 grms minimum per kg of body weight
- For post workout as well as pre-workout
- Increases ATP
- Increases workout capacity
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves reaction time when exhausted
- 5 grms per day. 8 weeks on with 5 weeks off
BETA ALANINE (my absolute favorite)
- Helps muscle contract with more force
- Delays muscle fatigue
- Stabilizes PH
- 2-3 grams
BCAAs .. BRANCH CHAIN AMINO ACIDS
- Leucine (most important amino for muscle synthesis)
- 3 grms per and post workout and if desired between meals
- Reduces catabolism
- Supports immune system
- Increases protein synthesis
- Improves rehydration
- 5 grms at least post workout
6. GLUCOSAMINE & MSM
Helps cushion cartridge/joints, must take consistently for at least 4-6 weeks 1500mg
MSM for soft tissue 1 grms. When injured upto 5 grm. I have relied heavily on a joint supplement for over 20 years. I truly believe that my joints are doing relatively well because of my supplementation (despite years of heavy lifts, running half marathons and sprint work)
Here is our own product, simply click on the photograph to find out more. We have a HUGE sale on this product as originally I had intended to put it on Amazon, only to find out they won’t allow anything with shark cartilage in 🙁 Great product and really great deal.
Make every workout count. Optimize your strength and endurance and recover fully for maximum gains whatever your goal type
If you need personal help head over to www.theshrinkshop.com
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
“The Silent Killer”
Think of water pressure through a hose, if the water pressure is high the hose has to be hard enough to take the force. Our blood vessels then have to harden and thicken, eventually leading to weakness due to the constant pressure. You don’t “feel” high blood pressure and it might take decades until you are aware of the damage (Heart Attacks, Stroke, Aneurysms, Kidney damage, Eye Damage)
- Excess sodium (sodium holds water in the blood, more sodium therefore increases blood volume)
- Not enough exercise
- Alcohol & Smoking
WHAT YOU CAN DO I cannot stress enough that a few simple changes can make a huge difference
- 1. Regular Exercise
- 2. Stop Smoking and Limit Alcohol
- 3. Stress Management (talk to me about this)
- Yoga, stretching, breathing (no joke), long baths, funny movies, pets, music
- 4. Cut Salt/Sodium Possibly the easiest and most powerful thing you can do.
- Stop all canned products (especially soup), Deli meat, frozen pizza, pickles
- Tomato products, chips, crisps, pretzels etc.
- Read labels and stay around 2000 to 2500 mg of sodium per day
- 5. Drink more Water Minimum 1oz per 1lb of body weight.
- Like metal follows a magnet so Sodium follows water, the more water you drink the more sodium will leave your body, it is very simple way to drop a few pounds and greatly increase your energy
- 6. Limit Sugar, trans fats (read labels especially margarine and baked goods) Saturated fat (fat that is solid at room temperature eg chicken skin)Coffee Dairy
- 7. Increase fiber Vegetables, avocado (yes, more fiber than an apple!)
- Fruit (limit to 1 to 2 pieces per day)
- Whole grains, nuts and seeds
- Fiber supplements (psyllium)
- 8. Calcium, Magnesium & Potassium A few examples
- Avocado (P) Broccoli (M&P) Red Bell Peppers (P) Sweet Potato (M)
- Kale (CM&P) Kiwi (CM&P) White Beans (CM&P)
- Tilapia (MP) Nectarines & Bananas (P) Quinoa (M)
- 9. Supplements Calcium (1000-1200 mg), Magnesium (310-320 mg), Potassium (fruit & Veg)
- (Only supplement with Potassium with your doctors guidance)
- Omega 3 fatty acids/ Cod Liver Oil/ Krill Oil
- Garlic (sulfur improves cholesterol profile) Coenzyme Q10, L Arginine
- Cocoa (helps relax blood vessel walls)
- Vitamin D3 (2000 iu +)
- 10, Herbs Basil, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cats Claw
- Garlic, Hawthorn, Celery Seed, French Lavender
11. Blood Pressure Guidelines
Stage 1 Hypertensive 140-159/90-99
Stage 2 Hypertensive 160+/100+
THE ABSOLUTE BASICS
STOP THE PACKAGED FOOD (frozen vegetables and fruit are good)
- GET MOVING (count how many hours you are actually on your feet, you may be shocked !)
- DRINK WATER ALL DAY
- MAKE SLEEP A PRIORITY
- DO FUN THINGS
- LEAN PROTEIN with every meal (poultry, eggs, fish)
- VEGETABLES AND SOME FRUIT
- WHOLE GRAIN CARBOHYDRATES (serving = size of your fist max)
- DO NOT ADD SALT OR USE HIGH SODIUM CONDIMENTS
To take the guess work out of the supplements we offer our own all natural blood pressure product, simply click on the photograph to find out more
Water retention, that bloated feeling where nothing fits right and add a bit of stress and you wont look or feel your best.Who among us has not known this frustration and it seems to get worse as we get older. You may see many of my videos taken in my car. We have a place in Malibu and when I am there I spend a lot of time in my car traveling
Who among us has not known this frustration and it seems to get worse as we get older. You may see many of my videos taken in my car. We have a place in Malibu and when I am there I spend a lot of time in my car traveling
up and down the gridlocked PCH. So this is just me making the most of my time 🙂
More videos on our YouTube channel The Shrink Shop
Water retention and bloating can increase your body weight by 5 to 7%. For me that that is 7 to 9 lb and water weights more than fat (a bucket of water weighs more than a bucket of fat) so you just feel totally weighted down.
When we gain fat it tends to surprise us, one day our jeans don’t fit but with water weight you feel it straight away and you feel it all over. Fat tends to sit in popular points, depending on your body type but water is like a layer covering all of you. Rings are tight, makeup does not sit right – thankfully you can usually get rid of excess water weight within a day or so.
As we get older this water retention and bloating gets worse because of our changing hormones. Limiting carbohydrates (which trigger insulin which causes the kidneys to reabsorb water) is the number one way to get rid of the excess water
We share our bodies with over 100 trillion organisms, in their entirety, they are referred to as our “Microbiome” These organisms are different types of bacteria that help us perform different functions in the body, functions that we could not live without.
Most people are aware that we as humans are made up of cells and keeping our cells healthy is important so that we age well as stay free of disease. However, only 10% of our cells are actually human cells (ones we are born with) 90% of our cells are these organisms/bacteria and we were not born with them.
Our first exposure to these organisms is in the birth canal when the baby, right before birth is exposed to the bacteria that digests breast milk. Babies born of C Section often suffer skin issues and allergies and it is now thought that it is because they were not exposed to the bacteria in the birth canal. Family, dietary, and environmental exposure cultivate our microbiome which will play a fundamental role in determining our health during our lifetime.
In fact, every time you kiss someone, every time you pet an animal, each time you eat a meal or apply a cosmetic, you are affecting the composition of your microbiome. Basically, we collect bacteria as we go through life and that bacteria comprises of 90% of our cells. Our acts and interactions in life directly affect the balance of the bacteria in our bodies.
These clusters of bacteria live all over our body (not just the gut) They live in the skin, mouth, eyes, genitals and of course the gut/intestines.
Some of these bacteria are simply along for a free ride, while others are beneficial and do great things. Always lurking are the pathogens, the disease-causing bacteria. Much smaller in number they are thought of as the bad bacteria but they so have a good side and what is important is keeping the correct balance.
H Pyloric was thought of as a bad bacteria and antibiotics tend to kill it cold. However, this bacteria that was linked to ulcers also governs metabolism, hunger, and appetite. Many people exposed to antibiotics go on to suffer weight gain and out of control eating behaviors.
We are truly dependent on the Microbiome, the non-human cells that exist within us. We have entered a new era of health awareness as it has only been in the last decade that the microbiome has been more aggressively studied.
SO WHY SHOULD I CARE?
The bacteria inside you govern your immune system, your energy, metabolism, and mood. The bacteria is responsible for how many nutrients you absorb from your food, how hungry you are, how big your appetite is and how much fat you store (did that get your attention?!)
If you do not have the bacteria to digest your food, nutrients are not absorbed and you are exhausted, cells are not fed so you are hungry and nutrients not used are stored as fat.
95% of serotonin is in the gut so if your gut bacteria is out of whack you may suffer from anxiety, moodiness or even severe depression
OUR BEST INTENTIONS
Antibiotics and our obsession with sterilizing everything have led to a rise in gut-related illnesses. Antibiotics given to children can cause problems later in their lives. People given intense courses of antibiotics because of sickness can end up with a different host of problems that they are left to deal with alone. Depression, weight gain, and rapid aging may seem somewhat expected after a severe illness, only now are we realizing that the destroyed environment of the gut and the imbalance caused to the intestinal bacteria is more likely the cause.
Research has uncovered an intricate web connecting our gut flora to virtually every process in our body. As such, imbalances in our microbial communities have been implicated in countless health issues, including immune health, psychological well-being, and some of the deepest chronic health issues of our times.
In fact, research surrounding one such connection, coined the gut-brain axis, has the potential to revolutionize the way psychologists worldwide support the mental and emotional well-being. Trading gut bacteria may become the new technique to treat infection and even obesity.
What you eat, where you are, what you touch and what you are exposed to (think environmental hazards) are dictating your health, mood, and longevity. We spend endless hours worrying about the genes we were born with and the demise of our relatives. Now is the time to consider the other 90% of who we are and thankfully that part we have control over. On a positive note, the life of a microbe is only 20 minutes, this short lifespan gives us the ability to heal ourselves within weeks it also highlights how quickly the balance can be shifted from good to bad.
Symptoms of imbalance within your microbiome
- abdominal pain
- aging too rapidly
- anal itching
- bloating and gas
- brain fog
- depressed mood
- difficulty focusing
- feeling too full, like food is not leaving your stomach
- hair loss or lifeless hair
- joint pain
- low energy
- memory problems
- muscle pain and tingling of hands and feet
- poor skin color
To purchase our extremely effective probiotic, simply click on the photograph above